After the initial meeting at the Chemical Watch Global Business Summit in April 2018 in Amsterdam, sofia organised a series of technical meetings.
- Minutes of the first meeting in May 2018
One year after its inception, the group was invited to speak at the Chemical Watch Global Business Summit, 26-27 March 2019 in Brussels. Prof. Dr. Martin Führ (sofia) and Stéphane Content (Cefic) presented the Proactive Alliance and its ambitions as well as highly topical insights into the working progress.
The Proactive Alliance agreed to prepare regular progress reports.
3rd Physical Meeting in Brussels, November 2019 - Progress Report
Tenth meeting, at the same time third physical meeting of Proactive Alliance members took place on 5th November in Brussels.
- PA took note of the progress reached in its four working groups, reflected on the outcomes and agreed on future steps.
- The PA confirmed that beside the two major aspects relevant for SiA reporting standards, and already covered by WGs (Substance Reporting Lists and material reporting rationales/formats), there is a third aspect (“pillar”) to be addressed adequately: the framework conditions that are relevant with regard to data quality – including accuracy of SiA-data in terms of change of the material composition or new reporting requirements – and data security, verification (auditing) etc. The group aims at defining core requirements in this respect on order to gain the entire set of benefits linked to the cross-sectoral material reporting approach.
- The group refined the timelines (with a view at the CW GBS in Amsterdam, March 2020, and the SAICM conference in Bonn in autumn 2020):
- Recommendations to harmonize the criteria for creating a cross-sectoral Substance Reporting List (SRL) on a global level will be approved in December; - a written recommendation document will be available in for PA-members in January
- ToR refined; to be published on the internet in November 2019
The Proactive Alliance started to reflect its role in creating industry awareness of the implications standardization.
8th Technical Coordination Meeting, September 2019 - Progress Report
- First drafts for recommendations to harmonize the criteria for creating a Substance Reporting List (SRL) are ready (Working Group 1)
- Draft policy document for internal discussion is planned to be ready by November 2019
- Proactive Alliance Membership: Onboarding documents for new and interested members are ready and soon to be published on website (partly) (Working Group 3)
- The Proactive Alliance starts to reach out to organizations outside of Europe (Working Group 4)
- Proactive Alliance representatives will speak at CW GBS in Amsterdam in March 2020